View Single Post
Old 06-23-2002, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Default ALERT!! Check this out on eBay!

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

You folks all know me, and you all know that my eBay handle is bike_cop...but check this out on eBay...

Remember that seller that I told you earlier about, who had trimmed the E90-1 ? Then, one of her cronies (or it's possible it was actually her) came in disguised as "Jim Freeman" and tried to attack me for pointing out her fraud? Then, remember an earlier thread where I asked everyone about the Mathewson Topps Magic Card?

Well, now check out that auction where the seller is SloatSports.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1837688110

It would appear that someone is trying to cause trouble, yet again. Look at the bidder #1 on that auction. Someone has recently created an eBay username "dan_mathewson", and is now using it on eBay.

I want all of you to know this is not me.

If any of you know SloatSports, inform his too, please.

That snottly little troll that was selling trimmed cards in PRO holders also threatened me with legal action (she similarly threatened Elliot, too). When I tod her that all I did was tell people about her eBay feedback and I said that "it looked like fraud to me", and since eBay feedback is a public domain that millions of people look at every day, and that my pointing out what is in another public domain is NOT defamation of character, or slander...

...then, all the sudden, someone shows up on eBay with a username, which is my name. Can you all believe this? My guess is that she is going to make several bids on things using the "dan_mathewson" eBay handle, then never pay them, and try to piss people off, litereally using my name.

I want all of you to know this is not me. I just noticed this now as I went to look at the auction again, since I have it on my watch list.

I have notified eBay Customer Service and eBay Safe Harbor. If any of you know SloatSports, please tell him for me, too, or send him this thread, so he'll know the story. Thanks! -dan