View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 10:41 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georj View Post
Does anyone have any ideas on why it is so rare to find any vintage at shows anymore? There seems to be a lot less out there then there was 3-5 years ago. Not that long ago I remember being able to put 1950's sets together picking up commons and stars at local shows. Why not now?
I think it's a combination of a few things. More people are in the hobby now. Especially folks that are a bit more secure in their lives, financially speaking, and have more passive income. Naturally they're going to buy cards from their youth or cards of players they heard about from their dads, uncles, grandfathers, etc growing up.

Modern is also selling very well. Look no further than the National. Sure there were plenty of vintage sellers and buyers but cards of guys like Julio Rodriguez, Aaron Judge, and Fernando Tatis, were selling like hotcakes. Sellers will naturally adjust their inventory then.

As a side note, the idea has been thrown around for vintage only shows. I saw it being talked about in one of the threads on the National. I would very much love that idea, as the modern side of the hobby does not appeal to me in the slightest and I know many others that feel the same way.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.