View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 04:04 PM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Right back at you on appreciation. And your story is exactly what has been happening to the hobby over the decades. When growing up, packs of cards for a nickel, dime, or quarter were available nearly everywhere you went. And easily accessible to kids who wanted them not for the possibility of selling them to make money, but because they wanted to pull cards of their favorite players/teams. Sure isn't like that today, or what it has been like over the past couple decades now. And don't really know of any younger, modern collectors that are true "set" collectors at all. Like you said, it seems impossible to reasonably collect and complete modern sets, with all the subsets, limited edition cards, and so on in the products released anymore.
I do not think there are any "set" collectors anymore or even many "favorite" players. It seems it all revolves around "what can I get for this card?". Regarding TPG, I am done with that also. I did have a number "graded" but that was only because I wanted to be sure they were not fakes or reprints. However, one can not even trust that anymore.