View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 03:41 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubman1941 View Post
You bring up some interesting points that I hadn't thought of. I guess that is why grading companies ask you for value when you submit to them for grading. I gather they are only liable for that amount if your items are lost.

I personally would not want to put any of my items in a "vault". I guess I just like to have things in hand and make it my responsbility.
Exactly how most "real" collectors feel, they want to have their cards at hand to handle and enjoy, not sitting in some vault or safe deposit box. But think back to the past year or two, and how the pandemic affected how long some TPGs may have been holding on to people's cards for grading them. What if something had happened and one of those TPGs went under, would the agreements/contracts/documents that were signed assure those people who submitted cards to the TPG that they would get them all back immediately, without any possible issues or problems? Or what about if instead of having submitted something directly to a TPG yourself, you instead went through a third party to do the submission for you, like as could occur with the PWCC and CSG recently announced working partnership. If, God forbid, something was to happen to CSG while your cards were with them for grading, and you had originally given your cards to PWCC and had them taking care of the grading for you, you aren't even necessarily on record as the card's submitter/owner with CSG, and now you've potentially got an additional layer of issues to go through to get your cards back. Now of course, chances of something like that happening are probably extremely slim to none, at worst, but there is still that chance. So, something for anyone with a valuable card/collection to at least consider, think about, and maybe look into at some point.