Thread: Card conundrum
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 08:45 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
There are three answers here: return both, keep both, return the bad lot and keep the good one. Keeping them both. IMO, is an intellectually inconsistent answer. A mistake in your favor or a mistake against you are flip sides of the same coin, so the answer should be return both if you are bothered by the idea of getting an advantage. If it doesn't bother you, then return the one that disfavors you and keep the other one.
The seller gave me an option to return the first lot, due to it being not-as-described. I chose to keep the first lot. The seller apologized but did not offer any compensation for their error. I thought about returning the first lot, and when relisted bidding on it again. Likely the bidding went as high as it did originally due to the seller's error in the listing. So maybe I win it for half the amount next time....maybe not, just not worth the hassle.

The second lot was as described, the unexpected card met the advertised description of the listing. Was the overall value of this lot more than expected, for sure....finding unexpected value is a primary reason I regularly buy lots. Therefore, I am not bothered by getting an advantage with this lot or any other lot that is as described.

My original question focuses on how hard, if at all, should I push the seller (and possibly upset them) on the variance in value of the first lot caused by their error in the description given the unexpected value of the second lot.

In other words, should I just view these two lots as single transaction and considering I am ahead value wise on the entire transaction, move on and not hassle/upset the dealer.