View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 04:25 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
I cannot buy 4 apples for $1.36 here in my large midwestern city. Actually I looked at bags of apples if you are talking about cheaper apples and buying them in bulk. The cheapest bag of apples, a 5 lb bag, was $4.99, about the same price as a slightly smaller red delicious I quoted. Yes, you do get more apples but generally they are smaller. Also, and this is not meant to be an argumentative comment but rather an observation: many lower income and poverty-level families will not be able to buy in bulk either because they cannot afford to, or because they don't have the room to store all the fruits and veggies in bags.

Its still far less that buying a bag of doritos.....the apples you were looking at are not the same as the less pricier apples plus there are carrots/bananas etc far less a pound...saying you cant store products is a housing issue..one issue at a time..the point is healthy food is far cheaper then people said.i already gave links where you can buy older fruit for very cheap...same nutrition and you can have it mailed to you....food stamps will pay for them as well..