View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
If I'm making it up, then name the US city in which you can't find vegetables at cheap prices. Need to call the grocery stores and inquire on produce prices? Good lord man, look around this country, all economic classes have a ton of obese people these days. You get fat by eating more than you need. It does not cost more money to eat less. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. There are many true things I do not like. The basic facts people will deny if it doesn't fit their victim narrative is astounding.
I just looked online at stores in cities in Indiana for common vegetables and fruits. Just bought one last week so I can attest that one red delicious apple will cost you ~$1.36 today on average. See if you can buy broccoli for a family of 4 for a cheap price per serving. And tomatoes. How much will it cost to make a decent salad for a family of four even if you skip the croutons and salad dressing? Then, subtract that as part of one meal, figure out the occasional protein source and beverage with fruit added for desert, project it over 30 days, then subtract it from a person's monthly income level for those at or just slightly higher than the poverty line and tell me that those vegetables and fruits are cheap to them once you subtract reasonable funds for rent and clothing. "Cheap" is a relative term any way you slice it, isn't it? I never argued the point that obesity can cut across all socio-economic classes by the way. I indicated reasons why the poor can be more susceptible to obesity issues for different reasons. Poverty and accessibility to healthy foods in sufficient quantity are reasons.