View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 07:35 PM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I agree that is a lot of people per store. But it’s been insisted to me that our obesity problem (which apparently is poor people, even though it factually has been going up up and away among all classes for many years now, I have no idea why this obesity sidetrack is only poverty and we are completely ignoring that every group is fat now) is not people eating fast food because our obese are too poor for fast food. If they can’t afford fast food, they aren’t going to nicer restaurants. They must be getting food (anybody want to argue that not eating makes one obese?) from somewhere. Presumably they must then be going to grocery stores. Do these stores not sell healthy food? I mean I can call them tomorrow and ask about their produce section but it seems very unlikely they don’t have one or sell out immediately every morning. Plenty of poor people manage to not be obese. Plenty of rich people are obese (for the third time, to check out an affluent card show and see those gigantic waist lines). It’s almost like people control how much they stuff down. If people did not have access to food they would be dangerously thin.
A lot of people don't live near a grocery store.

Last edited by cgjackson222; 12-14-2022 at 07:35 PM.