View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Yes I'm very glad I've never taken welfare too.

They DO have a choice. Again, people are not being force fed. You can drink water over a soda. It's cheaper. You can eat a smaller serving, that costs the same or less. Every single city in America has vegetables available for the same price as junk food or less. You absolutely, factually do make choices. Lower income people do not have no choice. That is a blatant lie no matter how much you want to repeat it. You are responsible for what you shove down every day.
Lower income people often do not have good choices. They are already often drinking water over soda. They are eating high fat content meals because that is what is available close to where they live and it is all they can afford. Low income people have choices in their healthcare decisions do, but are you going to blame we are talking about a diabetic that was prescribed insulin and could not take it, because to buy it would mean spending money that they must instead spend on housing or food instead? Medical students repeatedly seeing such patients on follow-up visits after diagnosis who don't know what it's like to be poor would label these patients as "non-compliant" and would blame them for failing to take an active role in their healthcare, when in reality, the patients are stuck between a rock and a hardplace, and having to make a financial decision that may help their own illness but would leave their family without shelter or food. I'm hoping this analogy starts to make some lightbulbs go off.