View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 08:37 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I've decided to focus my collection to the years I collected as a kid (I quit in 1981), so I have a few thousand star cards from 1982-2020 that I want to get rid of. No major rookies or chase cards, just stacks of pack-fresh HOFers. I thought about boxing them up for my LCS but that seems like a costly way to get rid of it. I don't mind doing retail sales. I'd also not mind consigning to an AH.

There are some full and partial sets; I'd probably sell them together.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Remove any emotional attachment to what you have left. Carve up what you are sure to provide you a return, and either donate or ditch the rest. Yes, I said ditch the rest! They are worthless as a whole and are a boil that you just need to lance.

I have been doing this now as I am freeing up and releasing dead weight for an upcoming move. I have dumped a HUGE amount of junk dead weight and it felt cathartic as hell!

Check your local area and see if you can donate the chaff cards to an organization focused towards kids. They can then hand them out to the kids and get them interested in the hobby.

Regards,

Butch...

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.