View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 11:28 AM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Well....the cops asked him to come to NJ to give a statement. He refused. I am sorry, that just reeks of scum-baggery. Gizmo may be an ass but so far, his side is the one that is believable. This buyer stole from him.
The story was truly unbelievable. With the accused allegedly even refusing to answer to NJ police it suggests that there was a theft.

It is easy to tell that Gizmo over valued the theft and went conveniently with the high book value. Pics I saw of his cards did not show them to be in high grade and the prices I saw on them were beyond absurd.

He came off as an atrocious salesperson in that video. Some melodrama too. Told a horrible version of the story to boot, leaving out details and telling things out of order. Not a good look.

At least 2 times he mentioned that the guy had offered him 26K or something and he played the "I paid way more than that for those 29 cards". Bet at 26K he triples up. He strikes me as the guy who would take advantage of an unsuspecting family who inherited a collection and then boast about it to his pals. I do not know him so I should not judge but that is my impression.

If you are taking cards "worth" that much to shows and you are seasoned veteran seller, why no insurance?

He did not explain why he took the guy's bag to hold onto. Nor what he understood was in the bag at the time he took it.

I suspect there was a theft. Do not condone taking something which is not yours however if Gizmo did business with him 7 times prior, if the guy made off with 26K worth of cards I would say Gizmo still owes the dude at least 26K more for jacking him in the 7 previous meetings where the guy was paying PSA 8 prices for VG-EX material.

Still maintain he makes a bad witness but a great one for entertainment value. Still flying out if there is a trial. Would not miss it for anything.