Thread: Cut Card Cases
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 07:48 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyinthehall View Post
I appreciate the conversation, and hope more can join and offer their insights. Topps sold vending boxes to dealers and vendors - why would they also have shipped these?

I can remember years ago looking through a Renata Gallasso magazine and one line I still remember was, when talking about how she got her cards to make all those set she sold, "I receive my cards directly from Topps in bundles of one player" - as a kid I imagined huge bags full of a thousand mint Reggie Jacksons or a thousand mint Red Sox team photos. Vending boxes wouldn't do that. Cut card cases would get closer in the sense that a single case cut from just a single sheet would produce dozens and dozens of each card from that sheet.

When you open a cut card case and pull a brick of cards out, how are they ordered - by player or by the position on the sheet?
To the bold part. I know Score did this with star players. They would pull 10s and 100s of thousands of cards of each of the star players to sell directly to large dealers.