View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 06:07 AM
pete ullman

BOB

I harbor no anger or resentment towards csg? I've mentioned numerous times that i'd give them a try to grade things like t202 end panels, cut up strips from panels, and some other rare oddball things i have that noone else will grade.

You claim to be advocating for folks to give csg a fair shake yet your words sound more like someone advocating for them with an "interest" in their success?

You seem unconvinced of pwcc's "indiscretions" of the past which have been proven ad nauseum.

5. As i mentioned in an earlier post, csg charging a flat fee for grading services removes a bias and potential conflict of interest. In the past, and really still today, a tpg that charges a grading fee based on the value of a card would have a possible incentive to overlook alterations and give cards high numeric grades, thus increasing the card's value, and as a result how much they get paid for grading it. If csg charges a simple flat rate for all cards, that removes an incentive for them to willingly/knowingly give any altered card a higher numeric grade, and thus a higher than deserved value.

I think this is fantastic.

pwcc has gotten many cards past sgc/pwcc/beckett in the past...why would they not be able to do the same with csg?

I harbor no ill will towards csg...but i do towards pwcc. And to some of us...maybe not the masses...but to me there are more important things than "the cards!"

Last edited by ullmandds; 04-29-2022 at 06:09 AM.