View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 11:33 PM

Hi everybody. New to net54.

Been looking forward to commenting on this tread. I am from Ottawa, Ontario and often go to Montreal, Quebec card shows and know a bit about the Paul Stuart / Parade Sportive photos.

There are lots of variations. I am trying to document and complete a master set. Not easy. I look forward to seeing all your variations ( baseball or other sports ) and try to help as best I can. I will attempt to correct a few comments which were made here.

I have never seen a PS Jim Babcock photo. I think you are chasing a ghost. Although some variations are rarer than others, no particular players are difficult to obtain. The 1st Parade Sportive radio show was aired on Nov 5 / 44 and the last one in the Summer / Fall of 1947. All the other baseball players issued played between those years. Babcock played only in 1943. Would make no sense.

There are 22 different Montreal Royals players including the trio photo and team (3) photos plus the variations. The list of the available players on this tread is accurate and complete. The are generally 3 sizes to these photos. +/- 5 1/8" x 8 3/8" ( small / no bottom ad ), +/- 5" x 9 1/2" ( medium / ad at bottom ) and +/- 7" x 10" ( large / ad at bottom ). You can see the different sizes on this tread.

These have never been issued in card and / or postcard size. This is a Larry Fritsch Jackie Robinson reprint thing. A few rare premium photos have been issued with medium and heavy cardboard stock but mostly all were cheap / thin paper stock.

The "coupons" at the bottom are advertising.

I have never seen 3 variations of Jackie Robinson. Only 2. I am pretty certain that one was issued in Summer 1946 ( small ) and one in Summer 1947 ( medium ).

There were 8 different variations of the team Montreal Royals photos. 1944 (2), 1945 (4) and 1946 (2).

These were never distributed in newspaper and / or magazines. At advertisers but mostly all by mail order.

The boxing list (20) on this thread is accurate and complete. Plus variations.

I have never seen or heard of "La revue ( means magazine ) de la Parade Sportive". A reference would be appreciated.

Please post all those different sports and variations.

Last edited by DCote; 06-08-2021 at 11:35 PM.