Thread: Pele cards
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 06:37 PM

Default Late to the Pele Party

Hi--I am late to the thread here, and you all have amazing Pele cards. All of the great rookie cards and quasi-rookie cards I think have already been posted (and I only have the Swedish Rekord), but I wanted to share some of my favorite Pele cards/stickers. There are so many, and they all have a story.

1. 1965 Perfetti Candy PSA 4. These were dropped in boxes of Perfetti Gum in Italy (and the UK), by the Dutch Monty Gum company. They included soccer stars and a few other sports stars too. I love how simple they are. They are really hard to find (PSA has graded 10, this is pop 2 and none higher...as a lowly 4!)

2. 1961-1962 WS-Verlag PSA 6. These are cool B&W cards. There are two Peles in the set. I love this one showing him holding the WC trophy. Not a ton of these graded either (17 total, 2 PSA 6s, 1 PSA 7).

3. 1968 Tuttosport PSA 8. The Tuttosport set was a multiport set with some actually quite popular non soccer cards, with more Dimaggio and Sugar Ray Robinson and Wilt cards graded than the 19 Peles graded by PSA. This one is pop 3, none higher.

4. On top, the upside down pair of cards is from the Tempo set, Tempo is a magazine like Time Magazine, in Italy, and they included a little set of 6 soccer star cards with the magazine in 1966 (there were more than 6 in the set). The white ones are the ones included in the magazine (20 graded) and the gold ones are from a promo set (even rarer, 5 graded). The PSA 9 regular is one of the two highest graded, and my PSA 2 promo is the lowest graded out of the 5!

Anyway--there are loads of these from all over, and I have postcards, teeny tiny stickers, drawings, and so forth, and every one tells a story. Hope you don't mind my sharing a few of my favs!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_7629.jpg (111.0 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_7630.jpg (163.8 KB, 278 views)