View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 11:43 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I understand why Tyson is heavily collected and I don't disagree with the reasons, but there's several living Heavyweights I'd rank above him.

Lennox
Holyfield
Holmes

maybe even Foreman

I'd rank Tyson above both Klitschko brothers historically, but I think prime Tyson would have had his hands full with Vitali.

Prime Tyson would have likely knocked out Wlad, but slightly past prime Tyson would have had his hands full with him also. Especially the later version of Wlad that learned how stay out of danger on the inside by leaning his full body weight onto his opponent, and wearing his guy down that way. Tyson would have become super frustrated if he couldn't find the space to knock him out early.
An ancient George Foreman came close to knocking out Holyfield in his prime, or at least rattled him pretty badly. How good could he have been? He always struck me, and admittedly I am not an expert, as an amazing athlete but not the world's most skilled boxer. My memory of Holyfield Foreman is that even though Foreman was well past his prime and outmatched, you could see his boxing skills were superior.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-15-2022 at 11:45 AM.