View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 03:31 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
I know, we've had these melodramatic posts before, but I'm doing this for a reason: I'm tired of politics on Net54.

We've had a few instances lately of posters adding politics to their posts, and I spoke with Leon about putting a stop to it. It has no place on a baseball card chatboard.

I happened to click on the thread today about Sep 11 in the Watercooler Section; it's a day I remember all too well as I live only a mile from the WTC. And sure enough, two of our regular dumbasses turned the post hostile by showing us how stupid they actually are. And that's it for me, I'm done with this bullshit.

Pleae don't post here asking me back. It won't happen. And it's unlikely I will read Net54 anymore. There are idiots everywhere, I don't need to come here to find them.

However, if anybody has questions about baseball memorabilia, and need my expertise, feel free to email me at bsloate@verizon.net, I'm always happy to help. and happy collecting to all.
Goodbye and good riddance!

Just because a political figure made the comment does not make it a political comment. It was a stupid and insensitive comment to make no matter who said it. If it were some actor, sports star, celebrity or other notable figure that had made the comment that I quoted we wouldn't even be having this discussion and it wouldn't be considered political. But Because Ilhan Omar made the comment, you want to call it political. You're the dumbass!

Edited to add: We use phrases like "Never Forget" but if we don't condemn comments like hers (again regardless of who said it), then we have forgotten.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 09-13-2019 at 03:44 PM.