View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 03:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
I did a little digging.

In 1979 an orchestra ticket to see Bruce Springsteen was $18.50 or about $78 in today's money, when we factor inflation. Perfectly reasonable, If I say so myself. The closest equivalent to an orchestra seat today, for Bruce Springsteen costs over $3000 factoring in fees. I thought Bruce was supposed to be the champion of the working class? Guess he's become part of the machine that he's long rallied against, as he throws stones while living in his glass house.

And Don't get me wrong, I love his music, and will continue to enjoy it for years to come. It's hard to prescribe to the political gospel he likes to spread though, when he himself is part of the problem. That's the most political I will ever get on here
No doubt he had humble roots, but it wears thin on me too when someone that wealthy and privileged still tries to come across like a working class hero. No denying his huge talent, showmanship, and influence on music though.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-11-2023 at 03:35 PM.