View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 12:14 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I’m pretty sure Kobe was forgiven because the accuser refused to testify in the criminal case and so the case was dropped. As I recall it, much of the actual evidence was not indicative of her accusation. Back then, there was generally still a presumption of innocence or having to prove the charge, unlike today where, for example, Bauer is guilty even though he was found not guilty and all of the evidence indicated the charge was an outright lie.

I’m pretty sure you nailed it for Lebron. Attacking the US government for very questionable things (such as the case where an officer, on video, shot a woman actively trying to murder an innocent block woman and saving her life with only a decor or two to spare and he tried to stir up outrage) while simultaneously appearing to, at best and most charitably, have no problem with the CCP marked him as a left wing wackadoodle to many on the right. Curt Schilling, but in reverse. I will never understand people who insist athletes must agree with their politics, on either side. I can understand, though don’t agree with, barring athletes who did heinous things that are objectively terrible and were in the context in which they lived like rape (with evidence) or murder. Drawing the line at political dissent from their views is just virtue signaling self righteousness. I have left wingers and right wingers in my cards and don’t care.
I don't know if Bauer is innocent or guilty, but there is significant evidence against him. I am not sure why you say there is not.

The woman presented herself at the police station and the police took pictures of her bruises and did a physical examination. That police file is evidence.

She made a phone call to Bauer with the police on the line where Bauer apparently admitted punching her. That call is evidence.

Obviously her sworn statement is also evidence, as is her testimony in court.

Two other women filed complaints against Bauer in the past alleging similar things, i.e. that Bauer punched and choked them during sex without their consent.

Again, I am not sure what the truth is, but there is evidence to weigh here.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk