View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 02:08 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Hey Guys, I am not sure Darren understood what the issue was. And judging by my DM's, maybe I didn't make myself clear.

The problem WAS NOT the issue with duplicates. SGC can handle sending in 100 of the exact same card. The issue arose with duplicates among DIFFERENT MEMBERS. Take for example a Pete Rose rookie card, all of similiar quality. Say I submit 4 Pete Rose rookie cards. Darren Hughes submits 1 Pete Rose rookie card. With the way SGC enters cards into their system, they ignore the way I have them on the sheet and enter them randomly. Doing it that way, I would have no idea which Pete Rose rookie Darren submitted was.

PSA never does that. They enter them in the same way I have them on the sheet. Which basically one big sheet is broken down into various groups (to make it easier for me). But everyone's order stays together. That is how I am able to know whose card is whose when I get 5 Pete Rose rookies from various people.

I believe we dodged a major bullet this time, because as far as I can tell, no one has submitted the exact same card as another member. Instead of putting cards chronologically like I do with PSA, with SGC, I simply pull out the sheets you sent me and go grocery shopping.

As long as I know the rules, I can work around it. Another problem arises in that SGC has no customer service number for customers to call to hash out issues. They have to call me.

I have learned a lot dealing with my first (and probably my only) SGC group sub. Or maybe have to talk amongst yourselves and be like (Are you sending a 1953 Topps Yogi Berra?). I can't see myself doing that.

Ummm...I understood perfectly fine. Look at post #162, outlining what members need to do if they submitted a card on the list of duplicates shown there. They would have to show you 'proof' of which of the duplicates was theirs, so you'd ultimately sent them back the correct card. Quite clear.

I'm glad it's been resolved, and I want to meet some of the people who have multiples of epic cards from the 50's to send in. Yowza!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.