View Single Post
Old 10-16-2022, 02:54 PM

Default Update on Brooks Robinson related All Star Game Pennants (1960-1974)

Good Sunday to everyone. I thought to update folks on my Brooks pennant hunt. I picked up a few recently and put them in a wheel formation. The pictures depict the same pennants but wanted to give you two diferent views. My goal is to find a pennant for each AS game Brooksie played in. When I started I coincidentally had a few but have really been fortunate to find so many more. As you know, Brooks played in 18 AS games but was selected to the AS game 15 years concecutive years. 1960 - 1962, he appeard in 2 games per year. Each AS game has at least 1 pennant so I am looking for 18 pennants but you'll notice some years I have more than one pennant. My desire is to find pennants with his name, but this is not always possible. For instance, his first AS game in 1960 he was not on the "red" American League pennant with the name of the players. Brooksie was there and appears in the program but he did not "rate" to get his name on the scroll. You'll see his name for the first time on the 1962 pennant. His name appeard on the second all star game in 1962, too. The lone year a picture pennant appeard with Brooks was in 1965. In fact, his picture is on two versions; a red and blue pennant (some pretty good talent on those pictures, by the way). In 1971, you will notice two pennants without names (red and blue version) and one with all of the names for both the AL and NL. My favorite pennant is a tie...I really like the 1965 red picture pennant and the 1974 pennant with the names. Some of these pennants can be very expensive. I believe the most valuable one is the 1962 AL pennant (by the way it is in perfect shape and the 1965 picture pennants). All three will go for $500 or so. The other pennants are not cheap. I am sure some of the years I have only one pennant there is another version with or without names. I have a couple of pennant references but surprisingly I have a few pennants that the reference does not show. I have done extensive research on line and have an idea what else is out there. I am still missing pennants for 1964 (his MVP season and my birth year), 1967, 1968, 1969, and 1973. In addition to the pennants, I collect the AS programs (100% complete) and AS tickets. I am missing the 1962 ticket from the Washington, D.C. game. Once I find that missing 1962 DC AS game ticket and the 5 missing pennants, I will take a picture with all three items by year. Hope you enjoy the pennants and details above. Show yours if you have any. If anyone has an extra pennant of the ones missing, keep me in mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pennant 1.jpg (197.9 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg pennant 2.jpg (200.8 KB, 287 views)