View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 09:26 AM
Bob Andrews

I have two goals for 2022 and am likely to really stick to only one...going through my "completed" sets and upgrading the cards I have listed as candidates for replacement. I usually start a set with a fair size 'lot' of commons and minor stars and there are usually a few cards in there that are below standard, even for me. I've culled the beaters already but I have some with marks, creases, or too soft corners that I haven't gotten to yet. This is particularly true for sets that frustrated me as I got close to finishing them, like the '57 and '61 Topps baseball sets and '61 Fleer football.

Since I have no intention of starting another set chase any time soon this will give me a way to keep my hand in the hobby without having to shake my head over the price of a high number '67 common which is how I spent 2021.

My other goal/resolution (for several years now) has been to finish my 1975 Topps mini set but I've kind of lost interest in that one.