View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 11:06 AM
Tony Ooten

I cut n pasted this quote from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post

I find it ironic how worked up some are in this thread and yet some of those commenting are putting together a PSA group submission on the main page of the site.
Regarding the group sub:
I'll admit I'm naive, have never submitted a card, am participating in said group submission for the first time, haven't read most of the posts regarding the current scandal...........

Check me if I'm wrong: isn't the current issue with PSA in them not detecting doctored cards? Personally, I'm submitting 5 cards, 3 of which were pulled from packs I purchased, 1 was given to me by a friend in my childhood of the 70's, and the 5th was actually purchased raw on ebay maybe 5 to 10 years ago. So, i know 3 of these weren't doctored, 1 very very highly unlikely doctored, and the 5th probably not doctored. Plus, I'm not expecting high grades on any of them.

I suppose the concern would be: PSA either goes under or loses all credibility, thus any cards in their holders loses at least partial value solely due to being in a PSA holder ?

Or is the reason the quoted post questions the group sub more along the lines of "why are folks giving money to PSA at this point in time"

Honest questions, would love to hear multiple views specific to making current submissions.

I considered not participating due to the current state, but have decided to proceed anyway based on what i wrote a couple of thoughts above.