Thread: Classic UPS
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
Funny stuff (in a sadistic sort of way, I guess). This is exactly why I never assume that anyone will read anything written on the package (except, hopefully, the mailing address). I try to pack things such that I can stand on them and hop up and down because, I have to assume, at some point somebody will do so. I do still put "DO NOT BEND" on most things, but that's more to satisfy customers who still think that such warnings have some effect. I've actually been chewed out for damage that clearly occurred during shipping, not because my packing was sub-par, but because I had not written anything on the package so as to invoke some sort of spell of protection over it.

Yup. Same here. For the record, I've used UPS, maybe 3 times in the last 5 years.

They've pretty much priced themselves out of the market for most of the stuff I ship. Rising fuel prices really hurt them (though they've converted quite a bit of their fleet to natural gas), and they can't afford to go into a hole like the USPS does.