View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Default There Used To Be A Ball Park

Posted By: ali_lapoint

i work in new york and if i were take a date to the movies i'm looking at $24 and maybe another $15 for food at a coffee shop which would consist of what? bacon egg and cheese on an english muffin?

here is my problem with the yankees new stadium. the yankees talk about how the rise in ticket prices will be due to the new amenities they are putting into the stadium to increase the average fan's enjoyment of the game and stadium. to that end the yankees talk about the sushi restaurants, mini bars, martini bars, lounges, a steakhouse, and indoor and outdoor food courts. my problem is this: who cares about those things? no real die hard baseball fan is going to pay to see a game and then spend the whole time in a lounge or martini bar watching the game on tv. if the yankees are already charging $10 for crappy chicken fingers and french fries, how much are they going to charge for a steak at the steakhouse? if its $9.50 for a crappy can of Bud how much is a martini at the martini bar going to be? they talk about all these great amenities but what they don't realize is that people go to yankee stadium to see a baseball game. they aren't going to a hotel or night club. i hope that all these great new amenities go bankrupt from lack of use. if the yankees wanted to make the game more enjoyable how about catering to the average fan who far outnumbers the sissies (sp?) who go to games for a martini?