View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 09:14 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelefson View Post
I had a great time at the National! I was lucky to be able to go Tuesday and Wednesday and left before the crowds came in Wednesday afternoon. I came for multiple reasons including a big trade with a board member, consigning an item to LOTG, selling a bat, and saying hi to friends. Buying anything was secondary for me. I accomplished all I set out to do, and bought several items so it was a great trip!

I also was very lucky to get invited to the Bills' room on Tuesday and I happily purchased the Dartmouth team photo, Harvard/Boston ticket, and Our Boys cabinet photo shown below. The room was filled with great memorabilia but the people were even better. It was great to meet the two Bills in person as well as see several other friends in the room. The other items I bought Wednesday at the show (I didn't see anything I really wanted on Tuesday). My favorite item overall is the 1868 scorebook. It is almost entirely filled out (games start in 1870 and end in the mid 1870s) and appears to be a small town team from New England but I need to do more research. For bargains, I was very surprised to find a 1955 Golden Stamps Dodgers book in excellent condition (with all of the stamps unused) for 20.00.

Overall, I had a great time. I was too busy shopping to take pictures of the cool memorabilia I saw but there was plenty of 19th and early 20th century baseball items that were amazing to see.

Alan
Oh man that Dodger stamp book was a total steal. Very jealous!
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete