View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 09:03 AM
Dave Carson

I'm in line with the earlier posters. I will drive to Chicago from Indy on Wednesday with plans to attend the Wednesday sneak peak, all day Thursday and most of the day Friday.

I booked the adjacent Hyatt for Wednesday and Thursday nights. Depending on how late I stay Friday I will either drove all the way back to Indy or get a room somewhere away from the show (plenty of rooms in Chicago).

I'm most likely coming by myself and like others, really don't plan to do the autographs or breaks. I'm there to see the tables. Usually by mid-afternoon on Friday I'm getting tired - and grouchy. By then I've usually seen every table once, or more than once. It is typically time to go home.

I've always gone with the option to stay Saturday if I want to. Haven't felt the need yet.

I like staying at the Hyatt to have access to my room during the show if I feel I need a quick break. Last year I didn't have a room there, but still walked over to use their public restrooms and grab a sandwich from their grab and go place. Better than the food at the show, just as high priced.

When I haven't stayed at the Hyatt, I've taken a cooler with me. I bought a sandwich in the morning on the way in at Trader Joe's and went out to the car for my lunch.