View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_cvc View Post
I’ve never attended before, but I am thinking about going to Chicago next year. For those of you that have been before, how long do you suggest going? Are there certain days that are better then other days to be there? Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
I think it depends on your goals and if you are bringing anyone with you. When my son was younger we spent more time at the corporate booths that the card companies set up, as they would often have activities for kids. If it's just me, it takes me a day to scope everything out and do a quick survey of the vintage dealer tables that are set up, and do some comparison shopping on some high dollar (but not rare) cards. I make a list of booths I want to visit again. I may try to fill some oddball sets that day since it's possible some stuff would be gone by the next day. If I want to consign anything, I'll usually do it that first day. I mostly will do most of my buying the next day. Sometimes, depending on when I have to get home across state lines, I may stay for the morning of a third day. I'm not into breaks, and I usually don't have anything for the graders, nor do I buy autograph tickets. So nearly all of my time is spent roaming around the dealer booths. I'm there from the minute it opens to the minute it closes. That's how I roll, but I know others have great strategies they've crafted to fit their needs!