View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 03:52 PM
Don Hontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
Michael B! Sorry to have missed you. I was indeed set up at Love of the Game booth. I did get in a little late one day (can't remember which) after getting locked out of my room (key got demagnetized) at Caesars after a late night 3:30am poker game.

Can't remember who said it but the 15,000 nerds and 5 hot girlfriend comment made me spit out my drink. Have to hand it to the wives/girlfriends who brave the huddled masses. I did see one lady following her husband, dutifully managing a multi page want list with pencil in hand making checks as they walked. Thought that was pretty cool.

I felt bad for the people trying to park at the convention center. I walked down from Caesars and it was a total nightmare in the streets on Thurs/Fri with cars backed up for miles trying to get in. Like someone else said, there were tons of other parking options close by but maybe many out of towners didn't know about those.

I compare AC to downtown Vegas where you have some of the older hotels. As long as you stay in the vicinity of the hotel at night you're fine. Don't think you'd want to walk too far afield at night (but that's the case in most major cities). I ended up walking by myself on the boardwalk at night twice from Tropicana to Caesars and didn't feel unsafe at all.

I had a fantastic time just being around all the other card nerds like myself. I sold a couple things and ended up finding a card I'd been wanting for awhile (You da man Don Hontz!)
AJ Glad you like the Ryan RC -Good seeing you again and nice chat--see you in Chicago.