View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 06:50 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
I had a great show (selling and trading cards) at the National. I hope you guys did, too. Here is a question for you dealers.

I am curious - how friendly were you customers ? I was setup at a booth near the entrance, so I had a huge number of people stop and look at my stuff.
I can say that I was pleasantly surprised that every sale I made was done without a hint of "haggling". Of course, some of the customers pulled out their
I-Phones and did their comps on my prices. However, not a single customer disputed my asking price. They simply pulled out stacks of 100-dollar bills for
the card(s) they wanted....and thanked me with a happy

My prices for the HOFers and the tougher T206 backs were not cheap. I found this experience very unusual. In shows in the past, there always have been
some contentious wheeling-n dealing with some guys.

I'm beginning to think that the hobby is starting to get accustomed to these higher prices. Whatever.....so, tell us of your wheeling-n-dealing experiences
at Atlantic City ?

TED Z

T206 Reference
We were selling modern stuff but had mainly good interactions. Most of our stuff was priced around the most recent sale price so we knew we had a little room to give. There was a few things we over priced but the majority of people were nice in saying something about it.

Like any show, there are some dumb people who do dumb things but it was minimal.