View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 01:11 PM
Troy Rambo

Collectable was an app that used to be used to track all of the auction house listings in one place. They were going to monetize (I think) by ad revenue and/or subscription. It was pretty awesome to use but about a year ago they stopped supporting it and i believe they sold it to the current people who are doing the fractional share as discussed.

I think the model is pretty interesting in general for cards like a Wagner, 52 Mantle, 86 Jordan Gem Mint (PSA or SGC) and cards of that class. Not sure if I'd ever invest in fractional shares of something if I knew the price was inflated to current market estimates versus what any seller of these said. In the case of the Wagner fractional share, it looked like the purchaser of the card had a 15-20% markup built into their model from their purchase price and likely got something on the back end at the terminal event (sale).

Certainly the model can work but doing a fair bit more research would be required (at least for me anyway). I'll likely stick to cards I can buy versus parts of one I wouldn't otherwise be able to buy. Still an interesting concept, though! Good luck to those who are going for it!