View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 05:07 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Fantastic T-card "walk-in" (with provenance) at Phillly Show. You'll enjoy this story

Dan McKee and I stayed at the Hampton Hotel in Oaks, PA this weekend. The lady (Nancy) at the check-in counter realized we were there for the Sportscards Show.
So, she asked us if we would be interested in looking at her husband's tobacco card collection ? A re-sounding.... "Yes!" ....from Dan and I, had her instantly call her
husband at home. An hour later, Dan met Nancy's husband at the entrance to the Show and paid for his admission ticket.

He came to the show with his binder (15-pocket sheets) containing an assortment of 200 - T206/T205 cards. All of them POLAR BEAR cards (ranging from Vg to Ex).
He received the cards from his Grandfather's uncle. I asked him where his Grandparent was from when he originally collected them.....Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.

After we checked-them-out, we gave the gentleman an offer. He said he would consider our offer and wanted to discuss it with his wife. About a couple of hours later
he called us, and returned to the Show. Dan made a very fair and reasonable deal with him.

This collection includes quite a number of HOFer's (both T206's and T205's). Some examples are Cy Young, Speaker, McGraw, Bresnahan, Tinker, Evers, Chance, etc.

The moral of this story is..... we were very fortunate in selecting the right Hotel to stay in

TED Z

T206 Reference