Thread: Getting old
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 12:01 AM
Steve Birmingham

Yes, the last song was Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath, it had also been the first song 50 years ago.

The HD radio thing is weird, apparently AAF is still on in some way (I have no idea about HD radio, and multiple "stations" on the same frequency. ) Oddly, Entercom had plans to run AAF on BCNs old frequency 104.1 HD2 Sort of pointless to me, as I don't think any of my radios get that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Steve,

I heard about that a while back, If I remember correctly didn't they end their broadcast with a few songs centered around Satan and Hell, to commemorate them being taken over by the Christian station? Pretty funny if you ask me.

Here in NY we have a solid station for Classic rock, Q 104.3. Mostly stuff from the 60's to the early 90's. Which makes me shudder that now the 90's are considered classic rock! I always thought of groups like Boston, Styx, Chicago, Queen, etc as classic rock. When I turn on the radio and suddenly hear Pearl Jam or Green Day, off the station I always do a double take.

Once in a while they'll occasionally mix in or promote newer stuff but it's mostly the era of bands I outlined above. When it comes to newer stuff, I'll go to some of my friends who are still deeply entrenched in the music scene for recommendations. Would be nice if Record/Cassette/CD Stores became a thing again, just a place to gather, socialize and talk about new and old music.