View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 03:03 PM
Tim Odeen

I know there are very smart and successful people on Net54. And lots of valid points were mentioned. I don't have much to contribute by way of speculation. But....

My father worked for Marlboro cigarettes (a parent company that has gone by many names including Philip Morris, Philip Morris USA, and Altria). What I learned from decisions that were made by a mega company is that they are ruthless and willing to do anything to maintain or grow their share in their market regardless of legality. The small group of decision makers at the top of mega companies are willing to lose astonishing sums of money in lawsuits because of the POSSIBILITY of making even more money.

Sometimes no amount of speculation will ever create a plausible reason for why a mega company chooses to do what they do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo