View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 06:29 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
I'm sure it's been discussed before, and please excuse the choice of card, but it has me wondering if being lenient about rough cut edges from the factory also makes graders lenient with grading the corners. I’ve still never understood why being off-center, which is clearly a factory issue, counts against a card but having rough edges, which is possibly a factory issue, does not. But this is a separate issue. This particular card received a 5. Are they assuming the corner damage is just a product of a rough cut? Is that standard? Is it even possible to do it otherwise without arbitrarily designating one spot as the place where the edge ends and the corner begins?
not sure I follow... that is a damaged corner, regardless of the cut. are you saying this card should be less than a 5? I am not sure a corner bend on the back by itself would keep it from being a 5
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236