View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 08:10 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 Refer....MISSION (99%) ACCOMPLISHED American Bty 460 run. Show your favorite run

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 REFERENCE....Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Too many T-brands to choose from; however, I'd say my favorite are AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 and UZIT. As I previous noted the AB 460 cards were printed at the tail-end
of the T206 production runs (circa Jan 1911). We have evidence from American Lithographic ledgers which inform us that the UZIT cards were printed & issued Feb 1911.
This marked the "end of the trail" for T206 production. Early in the Spring of 1911, American Litho switched into their Gold-bordered sets (T80, T205, etc.).
For all practical purposes we can consider the American Beauty 460 cards and the UZIT cards as "IDENTICAL TWINS". I am convinced that these two sub-sets of 74 cards
with identical T206 fronts were printed simultaneously. The AB 460 cards were shipped to the Durham (NC) Tobacco Factory (#42)….and, the UZIT cards were shipped to
the New York City Tobacco Factory (#30) to be inserted in their respective Cigarette packs.

Having said all that, let's now take a look at these "twins". The AB 460 McGraw is not a tough card to find. Its UZIT counterpart is virtually impossible. This UZIT McGraw
is the only one known (1/1).

. .

. . . . . . . . . .

The AB 460 Herzog is a very tough card to find. And, its UZIT counterpart is virtually impossible....in fact this UZIT Herzog is the only one known (1/1).

. . .

The AB 460 Wiltse (pitching) is quite the tough card to find. However, I did not have a tough time finding his UZIT counterpart.

AB 460
. . .

TED Z