View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 02:30 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Very nice American Beauty 460 cards everyone!! I have only 10 of them so I can't say they are currently my favorite card back run. Maybe one day when I have 60+ of them, I'll have to revise this.

So currently my favorite run is my complete 28 card Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 "No Prints". I had a lot of fun with these, especially when I was searching for them before they were even known to others. I was able to break down the Print Group 3 cards into groups and had a checklist before I even found the first one. I just knew with the quantity that were made, there was a chance that some of the cards may have missed their overprint and began searching for them nearly 10 years ago.

I found my first 2 cards in April 2014. Once that happened, I knew my chances of finding more was just a matter of time. In June of 2015, an eBay seller started auctioning off about 10 singles per week. Each week there were a few cards that were part of this 28 card set. The auctions went unnoticed for a few weeks until a Net54 member questioned the auctions. Once that happened, nearly every T206 collector on Net54 was either talking about them, watching them or bidding on them. Luckily there were only a few willing to bid up and pay the high prices. I did have an advantage over others because me and one other buyer were splitting up the bidding on the cards so we were never bidding against each other. I always had first dibs on the cards, so I would bid on the new cards I didn't have. The seconds went to my friend, and any duplicates after that were mine to bid on. This went on over a 10 month period until all were auctioned off. A total of 107 "No Print" cards were auctioned by this one seller. I won 54 of them. Even with half of them in my possession, I only had 27 different cards. I was still missing one. But I still had an advantage. I was the only one that had the checklist, so I knew who to look for. The last card, LaJoie Batting, was found in July 2017. Shortly after that, my friend that was splitting the bids with me, sold his partial set to David Hall and with my permission, shared my checklist of the 28 cards which I started to share after I found the last card I needed.

For this post, I decided to scan my complete set and share it for the first time here. Most of the cards were still in their original holders right before the scanning of them just now. The only cards I would usually share scans of before this, were the Cobb and the LaJoie. Currently, this is the only known complete 28 card (Teds Group B) set, since only one LaJoie has been found so far. The other 27 cards are known to have anywhere between 2 and 8 of the same card. I'm sure at some point, some more will surface and possibly a second set will be assembled.

At some point, I'd like to attempt collecting the 29 card (29/35 Teds Group A) "Sister" set of this. Many know them as the Yellow/Brown Scraps. They are also technically "No Prints" that are also missing the Overprint. There are also the additional 6 "Super Prints" (6/35 Teds Group A) that I like to call Group C, since I had them separate from the others when I made my checklists back in early 2011.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11