Thread: Card conundrum
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 07:25 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I would thank them for the offer of letting you return it. Tell them you will keep it and thank them for the transactions and wish them a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
+1 No sense poking the bear. Sounds like you already came out ahead, why go for some bad karma.

I would check with them again though and inquire about the balance of the one year you thought you were getting. I would be nice and thank them for the return offer, and politely decline, and then without being too over the top, mention how you were really hoping to get the balance of the cards from the one year, and if they still had them, is there any way they could work out a deal with you? You're already playing with house money, so to speak, so it can't hurt to ask. They may not want to give you money back on the value difference, but if you offer to buy more, they may be more inclined to cut you a break. You never know, they might give you a heck of a deal on the price to help make up for what you thought you were supposed to get. Doesn't hurt to ask nicely, worst they can do is so no. Good luck.
As I should respond back today, I am following the routes above....I'll call it the karma route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
I would consider myself in the wrong to press for cards missing while refusing to let the seller know they made a mistake that is benefiting me far greater than my loss.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
If you were the seller, would you want the buyer to inform you of the more expensive mix-up? Do you think you are doing something dishonest if you keep the card?

I'm not making a judgement either way, but only you know the answer, nobody else's opinion matters.
As a seller also, yes, I would appreciate a buyer letting me know that I did not deliver what was advertised and sent something more/less expensive. I am not perfect and have done this myself....about half the time the buyer lets me know, the other half of the time I dont discover my mistake until after I have sold to someone else the item I mistakenly sent previously.

In my intial post I made a mistake by saying the lot was "supposed to be an assorted lot of unspecified low to mid-grade commons". It should have read "expected" instead of supposed. Obviously later in the post I used the word I meant to use, "expected".

Based on the seller's description of the lot, it specified a year, make, condition range, quantity of cards and the fact that there would be duplication. One scan showed a few cards from the lot, not including the expensive card. There were no other specifics mentioned in the description, including what cards would be included. Since what I received with this second lot was all well within the seller's description, I don't think I should feel bad about keeping something that was within the seller's description, but simply not expected.

My concern with the first lot was I did not receive what was advertised. In this second lot I did receive what was advertised, it just contained a card I didn't expect to receive.

If the 'bonus" card was of the same player, but from a different year (one not advertised in the listing), I would agree the correct thing to do would be to let the seller know of their mistake as I would have received something not as advertised.

Thank you all for the feedback.