View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 06:41 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
What Crypto(s) did you buy? I bought Bitcoin Cash a little over a month ago for two hundred something. It quickly went to nine hundred something within a couple of weeks and I sold. It went to fourteen hundred something after that, but last I looked it was at eleven hundred something. That was my only experience with any Crypto and it was very short lived. I think it's ok for the short term, but I don't like it long term. That's just my opinion.
I liked the blockchain technology and (just my personal opinion here) it's original libertarian purpose when this started 10+ years ago, to attempt to enable transactions and a trade system outside the effective regulation of states and with privacy. Now very little of it is is used as any kind of actual currency, and is a pretty extreme series of pumps and brief dumps (it can be a good buy still if you can tell when the dumps are coming, and if you think the longterm pumping will continue for some time, but I would not consider it a good long-term investment by any means). I would not buy in now, but I first bought Bitcoin in like 2011, and have sold some during these recent highs. I've had Ethereum, even made pretty good returns off the doge meme, dabbled in some penny ones that I think have a chance. I dabble here with some of my early profits (which I did not expect, or I would have put in a bit more and be retired in a mansion), but sold enough for a huge % profit because bitcoin was worth hardly anything back when I bought, and kept some of it. Long term, I think Bitcoin's tech is now out of date, its transaction time too long, I'd question how long it will be the big one.

I regret buying in just to try it and experiment with something that suited my interests and not to invest, but hindsight is 20/20 and money isn't that important in the course of life. if I'd put in just $1,000, I'd have tens of millions and a T206 Wager. When I first bought, bitcoin was trading at just a little more than the US dollar. Now, 1 bitcoin is about $45,000. No stock is ever going to pay off that well for me