View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 02:46 PM

In many cases, you can find the images used on the 1978 team photo cards as stand-alone items, with accompanying keys, on eBay or other sites. These images were taken by the clubs for their own purposes - they weren't Topps products. They were included in yearbooks, on calendars, etc.

In other cases, I was unable to find keys and had to do my best at ID'ing the players by sight. This is why in a couple of cases, the best I can do is say the image was taken after some day in July that a particular player whom I CAN recognize in the photo was acquired. A couple of images (the Cubs collage comes to mind) I was able to completely decipher without any problems - it depends on the quality of the image and the distinctive look of players.

Here's an example of where you can find the keys. It's ironic that Caldwell, to the left of the keg, had just been issued his uniform but hadn't yet been activated was standing next to a smiling and perhaps unaware Barry Cort would probably be told within hours of posing for this image that he was on his way back down to make room on the roster for Caldwell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg (197.3 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (204.7 KB, 183 views)

Last edited by deweyinthehall; 03-18-2023 at 02:50 PM.