View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw1959 View Post
He originally had the card for sale on eBay, but I purchased it from him as a direct PayPal transaction. And no, he did not have any way of knowing I wouldn't be home for the delivery attempt.
Aha, that may help to explain things a lot more. Can now possibly see the seller being super paranoid could have been a possible issue after all. Probably never know for sure. I just pray you quickly get your money back. In your defense, you have the post office to support an show the seller initiated the interception and return of the card. So no way he can ever try to claim he didn't get his card back. Records will show you never had it, and it was never delivered to you.

And if this guy was so antsy and paranoid, he probably should have insisted the sale go through regular Ebay sales channels, including through the authentication program. That way, once the card got to PSA for the authentication of an unaltered/damaged slab, he's off the hook for liability and if something should subsequently have happened with the card in its delivery to you, as that would now be solely on the P.O. and Ebay and their authentication service. Or at least that is my understanding. Again, good luck on getting your money back. You should prevail, just may take some time. Hang in there.