View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
Not yet. Although one of our members, Patrick, has the most complete set out there missing just three cards I believe.
I believe it to be true that I have more W572s than anyone else has ever assembled - but I honestly don't know if I need 3 cards!

No picture of the Walt Barbare card has ever been seen. Does it exist? Bob Lemke said it did when he added it to the Standard Catalogue. When I asked him about it years later though, he admitted he didn't remember why he added it, and thought it was because someone sent him a faxed photo. Could a faxed photo fool him?

If Lemke was right and there are 121 different cards, and the cards were produced in strips of 10 cards, then does that mean there are 9 undiscovered cards waiting to be found? Recall Lemke only added Barbare in 2006.

My best guess (at the moment) is that I still need 2 cards - Wambganns which is known to exist (Hi Brian!) and Duncan (which I've never seen a photo of - but which was graded by SGC). I'm not sure what to think on the Walt Barbare card, but it wouldn't shock me if it was a misidentification by Lemke because 120 cards make more sense than 121 cards.

Cheers,
Patrick