View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 08:22 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by abctoo View Post
1st
We cannot dispute Sport Star Subjects sets exist with rounded corners, regardless of when manufactured. It is not common sense to apply an arbitrary definition to something it is not.

2nd
Ted, I made a simple request to resolve the issue. If you have not mixed the cards you acquired after you returned to the hobby in 1977 with your original Bond Bread insert cards taken from Bond Bread packages and can still distinguish which are the cards you actually obtained from Bond Bread packages, please post scans of the original insert cards so that the Sport Star Subjects cards with rounded corners can be distinguished from them by the molded lead die-cuts used.
1st
How come you have NOT addressed the fact that NO collector/dealer has seen SSS boxes containing ROUNDED cornered cards prior to the 1990's ?
I have contacted several of the veteran collectors / dealers whom I have known since the 1970's. They all agree that these ROUNDED cards within
SSS boxes are some thing new that first appeared in the 1990's.

2nd
I already have posted scans throughout this thread of several of my 1947 BOND BREAD cards. Have you bothered to see them ? Yet, you continue
to "bug" me with this request.
Well, forget it !

TED Z

T206 Reference