View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 06:20 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
Hi Ted,
Since I purchased my Movie Star Subjects long ago and am satisfied that they are authentic and unaltered, I don't require a "logical, common sense explanation" for the rounded corners. However, I would offer this possibility: The firm that printed the Bond Bread cards later contracted to furnish cards of ball players, boxers and movie stars to W.S./N.Y. (Wildman?), using overstock or at least the same setup they used for the Bond cards. Upon reorder, or running out of overstock, they decided it was cheaper (or at least unnecessary) to round the corners. Of course, this is purely conjecture, but it is "logical."
Hi spec

When I asked when did you acquire Movie Star Subjects, I was hoping you would state a date (year).
As I am trying to develop a timeline when the Square cards (Sports & Movie Stars) first appeared with Rounded corners. So far, four dates have been reported.

Circa 1949/1950 when the original sets of these B/W Sports cards and Movie Star cards were issued, they were only Square cards....PERIOD !

TED Z

T206 Reference