View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Default History, Fun, Friendships, Baseball Cards, Good Times and Lawsuits????

Posted By: John

To my fellow collectors,

Earlier this evening I made a funny image, trying to bring a light hearted side to some pretty cheap shots at another collector’s collection of lower grade cards.

The usual stuff PSA 1 stuff junk, get job, buy some real cards etc. The level of arrogance on this board amazes me sometimes, many of you in another thread told us lighten up its only baseball cards, don’t be so serious. Well I wish I could, in fact that’s the main reason I come here to lighten up and talk cards.

I made an innocent mistake earlier this evening and included two words in clear joking manner on a line of text in an image.

And I find this in my inbox.....

To Whom It May Concern

Whilst you are certainly free to act out your uncontrollable
child like tendencies and attack us in any way that Moderator
permits. However, we would call to your attention that The “BLANK”
“BLANK” is a registered “BLANK” Corporation.

Your action on a public board violates the legal protection
given our logo and, in fact, misinforms the General Public
as to a non-existent subsidiary.

We have, on retainer, one of the largest patent and trademark
law firms in the United States. If you do not remove the
post immediately, we will institute a law suit against you.
We will do everything we can within the realm of the law
to enforce the suit and collect damages. At very least
it will cost you tens of thousands of dollars in legal
fees and consume a great deal of your time.

We expect that you will act appropriately.

So I know there are forum rules about posting emails I’d ask Leon to please allow this to fly. Or give me the boot, I can take it.

I also don’t want a pile on anybody thing here either, not my intention at all.

Hey I have a corporation as well and I respect this persons business and or rights. I apologize if I crossed some so called line (which I don’t think I did). I also don’t think I would EVER go to this extreme but hey whatever to each his own. I would also hope that this person is intelligent enough to draw the line between me picking on him and his way with words vs. disparaging against any business (which I find to be a huge stretch for the record) name he may have had or currently has which I had no prior knowledge of.

What I want from this is everyone to take a step back, take a breath and say. This is only baseball cards, were all a bunch of big kids who collect cards. It’s ok if we disagree; butt heads, heck even rib one another once and awhile.

As for my thoughts on this subject. The day I need to potentially consult a legal team for typing words on an image making a joke on a public BASEBALL CARD forum, is a day WE have to say lighten up!

Best Regards,

John

*Edited, I decided to make Leon’s job a bit easier and eliminate any and all names from the email.**