View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrab View Post
These pennants were made by collegiate of ames with flock raised prints. You may have seen a Brooklyn Dodgers pennant with a 3d wooden bat that was made by this company. Very high quality pennants. I believed each was air brushed.

The creativity died when Arthur Evans passed. He was the man behind all these goofy mascots.

https://www.oxy.edu/magazine/winter-...-personalities

Hey Mr. Krab -

thanks so much for posting that link. One of the main reasons I joined N54 was to learn and to educate myself. I have not been let down!

Until this discussion of the 3D pennants, I wasn't even sure they were "real." They are so amazing (and the ones I've seen have been in such great condition) that I thought they might be more recent fantasy pieces....but, apparently not. Maybe I'll stumble across the Giants version someday (in a small antique store!).....

How cool would it be to find this?:

A 1963 trade ad for Angelus shows more than 100 mascots, a Who’s Who of Division I giants that includes the Duke Blue Devil, the Purdue Boilermaker, USC’s Tommy Trojan, Oregon State’s Benny Beaver, the Georgia Bulldog, the Oklahoma Aggies, and many more. Even Pomona’s Cecil Sagehen—Oswald’s oldest rival—is an Arthur Evans original.

Last edited by ooo-ribay; 03-01-2014 at 04:04 PM.