View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smanzari View Post
That's Super Cool - do you have other similar books? (lesser leagues?) Have you ever thought of digitizing them?! (I'm sure there isn't a ton out there). Despite LOVING to keep score, I have never thought of collecting these! You may end up getting some competition!

Hey Stefan - I’ve got about 15-20 of them and mostly concentrate on official team or official scorer’s scorebooks or sport’s reporter scorebooks. I find those the most accurate but if you open it up to fan’s scorebooks you’ll find more selections. Similar to you, I started keeping the scorebook at my son’s games when he was young and that opened my eyes to how to understand and translate a scorebook. They can often be a challenge though as scoring methods can very over time and between different scorers. Worth the challenge though as they can be very unique. You just have to find your niche. I know Jason works the Caribbean arena pretty hard, for the items he collects, and has found many negro league related gems going that route too. I recently went that route and came up with an affordable team scorebook for Caguas-Guayama of the Puerto Rican Winter league which contained several negro league players.

Rob M

Page from an 1867 scorebook -

BC314909-5829-4FC7-9458-4EA75A8F69D3.jpg

Last edited by ramram; 08-23-2019 at 10:05 PM.