View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 08:17 PM
Marty Pritchard

Default We bought a raw lot from Goldin and relied on their description.

My son is taking over my card business All Marty's Stuff this year. With the lack of card shows, he has been making purchases through auction houses. He asked me about a recent lot that he bought through Goldin.
This is the lot that he purchased. https://goldinauctions.com/LotDetail...entoryid=94846
The description is "1960 Topps Baseball Cards Collection (95+) – Including Mantle, Yastrzemski RC, Koufax and Additional HOFers!! A nice grouping, featuring a number of stars and "key" pieces. Overall condition is about EX to NM with a few cards nicer and some lesser."
When the package was opened, it was found there is tape residue across every card back. When the company was called, the customer service rep put a supervisor on the phone. The supervisor verified with the "Submission Department" and they felt that if sent in for grading EX to NRMT would be expected.

I have been helping my son navigate the different auction houses. I told him that I did not know how Goldin grades. From this lot and response he has learned a lot.

Last edited by martyp; 06-25-2021 at 08:19 PM.