View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikc21 View Post
This is a really basic question, but assuming all these pennants are from the same manufacturer, we don’t know who actually made them?? Do we think it’s a company yet to be identified, or is it these pennants cannot yet be attributed to a known entity? This is probably addressed in previous conversations.

I'm not gonna guess who this mystery maker was; but, they had to be HUGE. From what I've seen, in the 1940s, they had to be as active as Trench, perhaps more. They dominated the football and baseball pennant markets; and they did so for both professional and collegiate teams; and, their clients covered the entire nation. I don't believe this company is Trench, ADFLAG, WGN, or Keezer. But I do believe they're a company we will have heard of before (just maybe not realized they made felt pennants?).

I won't say more ... okay fine I will: I have suspected for the past few months that this mystery maker may be one of two companies, both based in New York state: Norsid Mfg. Co., of Yonkers; and Annin & Co. of NYC.

One day we'll no for sure....