View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the info! Do you mind sharing where you found it? I'd love to see a box score or something to do a little more digging.

I didn't figure these would be very valuable from a money perspective -- and it seems that whoever owned them decided they weren't worth keeping around for sentimental reasons, though they could have been the victim of an overzealous parent or spouse. Had I been talented enough to play college ball, I'm sure I'd have a collection of all my moments as well. Heck, I've still got some little league/high school home run balls floating around somewhere!

If anyone is interested in these, please let me know -- like I said, I'd appreciate a nominal trade item if that works out, but mostly I just want them to go somewhere they'd be appreciated.

Quote:
Those two college baseballs came from a Miami (Fla) player.. They beat Florida State, 5-4, on April 25, 1992 and beat Texas 6-1 on May 1, 1992. Probably not much in value unless something big happened in that game.. The best thing going for you is it a Texas home baseball when they were still in the SWAC. It's probably worth more to the particular player that owned these because of personal value though. I still have my first college hit against Virginia Tech sitting on my desk in my den.

EDIT: I did some more research, something that might add a little more value to your baseballs is the fact 1992 was Ron Fraser's last year as coach at Miami after 30 years-- compiling 1,271 wins, 2 national championships (1982, 1985), and 12 CWS appearances including 1992.